For Posterity's Sake         

A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project

HMCS ST JULIEN

Then Lightship No. 22 (1934)

Then Centennial (1958)

HMCS St. Julien being outfitted at Toronto, 1917 (HMCS Ypres astern)

Source: The Ships of Canada's Naval Forces 1910-1981 by Ken Macpherson & John Burgess

 

Launched: 16 Jun 1917

Commissioned: 13 Nov 1917

Paid off: 1920

Fate: Sold in 1958, she still was in the records in 1978. Final disposition unknown.

 

Built at Toronto and commissioned on 13 Nov 1917, St. Julien was transferred to the Department of Marine and Fisheries in 1920 and was known by 1934 as Lightship No. 22. Sold out of government service in 1958, she was renamed Centennial, and still existed as recently as 1978.

 

Commanding Officers

 

 

 

     In memory of those who have crossed the bar    

They shall not be forgotten

C-D

Duffy, Owen Francis

____-____

Drafted to St. Julien 01 May 1918 as Ch/Art (E), RCN

 

 

 

 

K-L

LeBlanc, Peter

____-____

Drafted to St. Julien 01 May 1918 as Ch/Skpr, RCN

 

 

 

 

M-N

Morrissey, David Goodwin

____-____

Drafted to St. Julien 01 May 1918 as Mate, RNCVR

 

 

 

 

 

HOME PAGE     SHIP INDEX      CONTACT