HMCS MOONBEAM Z43 / J43
Built by George T. Davie, Lauzon, Quebec, she was launched in 1913. Originally M & F Hopper Barge No 1. In 1918 she was listed as a water barge. Renamed D.M. Hopper Barge No. 1 circa 1930. Formerly the Department of Transport Hopper Barge No. 1, she was acquired by the RCN in Dec 1940, and converted to a fuel oil carrier for use on the east coast and at St. John's, Nfld. MOONBEAM was paid off on 13 Nov 1945, and sold the following year to become OAKBRANCH, then about 1960, B.L.L. 24. Her register was closed in 1971, the ship having been broken up.
In the Navy Lists for 1918, Hopper Barger # 1 was listed as a Water Barge.
In memory of those who made the ultimate sacrifice
Lest We Forget
In memory of those who have crossed the bar
They shall not be forgotten
Former Crew Members
Thompson, Ernest Lyman, Skpr, RCNR - 22 Apr 1941