Built as Cangarda in 1901 for lumber mogul Charles Canfield, she was purchased by businessman George Taylor Fulford out of Brockville, in 1904 and re-named Magedoma. Fulford died in 1905 but his family retained the yacht. During World War II the family loaned the yacht to the RCN as a training vessel. The vessel was returned to the Fulford family in 1947, though heavily damaged. The family sold the yacht soon thereafter. In a state of steady decline, an attempt was made in the 1980, by Richard Readly, to restore her. Richard fell ill and the project was abandoned. Magedoma sank at a pier in Boston in 1999. She was later raised and restored by Tri-Coastal Marine of California (2004-2008) and is now sailing out of Mystic Connecticut as Cangarda.
Lt Harvey Seymour Smith, RCNVR - 01 May 1944 - unk
A/Lt, David Franklin Olive, RCNVR - 21 May 1945 - unk
Photos and Documents