For Posterity's Sake         

A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project

HMCS LAKEWOOD Z63 (1944)

Then CNAV LAKEWOOD (1946)

HMCS LAKEWOOD Z63

 From the collection of Tom Smith, C2ET, RCN

 

Entered in to service: 1944

Re-designated: 1946 as CNAV

Paid off: 1965

Fate: Sold to private use. Final disposition unknown

 

Built by Falcon Marine Industries, Victoria, BC, she was assigned to Esquimalt on 25 Apr 1944 as an A/S target towing vessel. On 30 Jun 1945, Lakewood was transferred to Prince Rubert, BC, as an A/S towing vessel. Paid off in 1966, she was sold and renamed Lakewood and later Discovery Princess in 2001.  In 1966-2001 she was owned by Oak Bay Marina Ltd., Victoria BC. In 2003-2004 she was owned by Donald G. Boudreau, Whaletown BC. In 2012-2014 she was owned by Michael A. Gauley, Richmond BC.

 

HOME PAGE     SHIP INDEX      CONTACT