For Posterity's Sake         

A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project

HMCS INTERCEPTOR Z15 / Q15

Former RCMP Vessel INTERCEPTOR

 

No photo available

 

 

Commissioned: 1939

Paid off: 03 Oct 1945

Returned to RCMP: after WW II

Fate: Register transferred to Georgetown, British Guiana in 1949. Final disposition unknown

 

Interceptor the first vessel built of a new material called 'Birma Bright', an aluminum alloy, making her light and fast. She was commissioned into the RCMP 13 May 1934. She worked out of Matane, Quebec. In 1939 she was turned over to the RCN becoming HMCS INTERCEPTOR with pendant number Z15 and Q15 and she continued to work out of Matane, Quebec. She was declared surplus and turned over to CADC on 03 Oct 1945. On 23 Jul 1946 she was sold to the Aluminum Company of Canada Ltd. In 1949 the Registry was transferred to Georgetown, British Guiana.1

 

Commanding Officers

Skpr/Lt Paul Edouard Blonin, RCNR - 28 Jan 1944 - unk

 

 

     In memory of those who have crossed the bar    

They shall not be forgotten

 

Footnotes

(1) - Ship's history from the research of Bryon Taylor

 

 

HOME PAGE     SHIP INDEX      CONTACT