For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS Curlew was a commissioned minesweeper of the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) during the First World War. Originally built as a fisheries cruiser for the Department of Marine and Fisheries, upon completion she was transferred to the Department of Customs, and was used by the Customs Preventive Service. Along with sister ships CGS Constance and CGS Petrel, Curlew was fitted with mine sweeping gear in 1912. All three vessels were taken into naval service after the outbreak of war in 1914, and were used for patrol or examination duties. Sold in 1921, her final disposition is unknown.