HMCS BLUE HERON 782
Bird Class Patrol Boat
Built by Hunter Boat Warks, Orillia, Ont, she was launched on 07 May 1956. Originally built for the RCN, was transferred to the RCMP in 1956 until 1968, when she was transferred back to the RCN. She was the only naval vessel to serve in the RCMP and keep her naval name and call sign. Here specifications on completion were: Displacement: 66 tons, Length: 92 ft, Beam: 17 ft, Draft: 5.3 ft, Speed: 14 kts, Complement: 2 officers, 19 men, Armament: 1-20mm, hedgehog.
Lt John William Lane - 30 Jul 1956 - unk