For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
SPARTAN III / HC 99
From 1939 to 1954 SPARTAN III was owned by Peter F. Thorton of Cowichan Bay, BC. She was chartered by the RCN in 1941 for $1.00 per year for use at NADEN III near Comox, BC, designated HC 99 in 1942. After the war she was returned to her owner. She had various owners post war and was completely restored in 1986. In 1991 she was designated a vintage vessel by Maritime Museum of British Columbia.
Sources: (1) Nauticapedia (2) Canadian Warship Names by David J. Freeman