For Posterity's Sake         

A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project

HMCS VIGIL II

Former RCMP VIGIL II

Then HMC HC 104

Then FALA (1947)

Then BLUEWATER III (1950)

 

No Photo Available

 

 

Built: 1934 

Acquired by RCN: 1939      

Paid off: 1945

Fate: Sold in 1945. Destroyed by fire in 1951

 

RCMP Vigil II was purchased by the RCMP in 1935 to patrol the Bay of Fundy. She was turned over to the RCN in 1939 and was re-named HMCS VIGIL II, in 1942 she was redesigned HC104. She was sold in 1945, renamed Fala in 1947, and then Bluewater III in 1950. She was finally destroyed by fire in 1951.1

 

Commanding Officers

 

 

  

 

     In memory of those who have crossed the bar    

They shall not be forgotten

 

Footnotes:

(1) - Ship's history from the research of Bryon Taylor

 

HOME PAGE     SHIP INDEX      CONTACT