For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
Former RCNVR Half Company Port Arthur
Naval Reserve Unit
Thunder Bay, ON
First established on 03 May 1937 as the RCNVR Half-Company Port Arthur, it shared quarters with the Lake Superior Regiment at the Port Arthur Armoury. On 01 Nov 1941, she was re-named HMCS Griffon and commissioned as a tender to HMCS Naden. On 01 Sep 1942 she was re-commissioned as an independent shore establishment. HMCS Griffon moved into its current location at 125 Algoma St North in 1944.
Photos and Documents