For Posterity's Sake         

A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project

HMCS EASTWOOD Z49

Then CNAV EASTWOOD

Then CFAV EASTWOOD YMT 550

 

No photograph available

 

 

Commissioned: 1944

Paid off: 1979

Fate: Final disposition unknown

 

Built by John H. Leblanc, Weymouth, NS in 1944. Stationed out of Cornwallis, NS, she was used by the RCN from 1944 till 1946 as a Naval Tug and A/S target towing vessel. In 1946 she was re-designated CNAV and later CFAV. In 1979 she was turned over to Canadian Crown Assets and Disposal Corp. for disposal

 

Commanding Officers

 

 

 

     In memory of those who have crossed the bar    

They shall not be forgotten

 

HOME PAGE     SHIP INDEX      CONTACT