For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
BLUETHROAT entered service in 1955 as a loop/controlled minelayer but she was never a commissioned warship, only an auxiliary. She was a one-of-a-kind vessel, similar to WHITETHROAT. The ship was purpose built for the RCN at Davie Shipyards - 156 ft length, 33 ft beam, a 10 ft draught and displacing 785 tons.