For Posterity's Sake         

A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project

HMCS ATWOOD Z47

Then CNAV ATWOOD

 

No photograph available

 

 

Commissioned: 1942

Re-designated: 1946 as CNAV

Paid off: 1948

Fate: In 1979 she was owned by Miramichi Dredging Co. Ltd, Fredericton, NB. Final disposition unknown

 

Built by John H. Leblanc, Weymouth, NS in 1942. Stationed out of Pictou, NS, she was used by the RCN from 1942 till 1948 as a Naval Tug, A/S target towing vessel, and a Medium Harbour Tug.

 

Commanding Officers

 

 

 

     In memory of those who have crossed the bar    

They shall not be forgotten

 

HOME PAGE     SHIP INDEX      CONTACT