For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
This little ship was employed throughout the First World War as an examination vessel on the west coast. Built in 1906, she was purchased for fishery patrol two years later. She served as a training ship at the Royal Naval College of Canada, Esquimalt, from 1918 to 1920, when she was donated to the Navy League of Canada for sea cadet training. She was sold in 1927, but remained in commercial service until about 1950, when she was destroyed by fire in Saanichton Bay, BC.