For Posterity's Sake
A Royal Canadian Navy Historical Project
HMCS CROSSBOW PB197 (1976)
Formerly YMU-116 (1954)
Then Big Steel (2004)
Built in 1954 at Owen Sound, Ont., YMU-116 served as a tender to HMCS Hunter, HMCS Prevost, HMCS York and HMCS Cataraqui from approx 1969 to 1995. She was renamed Crossbow approx 1976 - the name coming from the crossbow in HMCS Hunter's badge. She was sold in 2004 and re-named Big Steel. Final disposition unknown.